1Parkplace, based in San Diego, has long been a player in the real estate IDX space. I’ve taken a close look and have shared some important strengths and weaknesses to be aware of.
- User-friendly, graphical map based guided search
- Agent configurable lead capture settings to require registration to see complete address, photos & property description
- Solid back office system for contact management, automated and customizable drip email system and listing management
- Ability to produce RSS feeds of listing data (from the back-end)
- Captures referring url for lead sourcing at the lead/contact level
- Solid analytics for key measurement criteria
- High quantity lead generation (50-150+/mo) that I can personally confirm
- Cost: can get expensive quickly
- RSS feeds of listing data are proprietary
- Service: Customer Service issues have and continue to be prevalent
- Development Methodology: Proprietary, fairly non-interoperable and non-customizable
- Style: Lacks web2.0 look and feel, generally looks old compared to others
Summary & Conclusion
Unfortunately this vendor hand-cuffs you to their proprietary (and new) blog platform in order to create and utilize the RSS feeds of the listing data for seo juice. Also the feeds are only created on the back end so your site visitors don’t have an option of receiving listing updates via RSS (as opposed to email). The IDX system by itself is an iFrame solution only making it non-indexable to search engines unless you also go with one of their blogs which will set you back a few grand. Overall it’s a good effective system for generating leads but plan on budgeting extra $$ to drive traffic to your site in order to see some ROI.
Note: If you are into email marketing and want this ability integrated into your IDX system than you should take a serious look at this system. Comparatively speaking, it’s fairly advanced with pre-built (but editable) drip email campaigns. It also has email blasting and quick email abilities that send each email out on a generic / professional email template which of course has your basic branding elements and links back to your site (a customized email template service is also available as an upgrade).
The Broker Tools:
Leads are automatically routed to the listing agent assuming the listing agent has a 1parkplace IDX account. Lead routing can also be done manually again assuming the agent also has a 1parkplace account, and the system includes useful reporting abilities to track lead / agent activity. An intranet upgrade is available as well.
Over to you…
If you’re using 1Parkplace now, or used to, let us know your thoughts with a comment below.