SEATTLE, WA, Jun 26, 2012 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) — A recent survey of more than 2,000 real estate professionals has indicated overall spending on technology and technology-related marketing services is increasing, especially among the industry’s most successful agents, but real estate professionals continue to invest in direct mail as a preferred marketing vehicle.
Collected from among the more than 220,000 ActiveRain real estate professional community members as well as Market Leader customers, the survey focused on measuring what software and marketing support real estate agents are using in their business and how much they are spending on these necessary tools of the trade.
An infographic and deeper summary of the survey’s findings can be downloaded at www.activerain.com/real-estate-marketing .
“Real estate professionals are accelerating their investments in technology-based marketing options, but there’s not always a direct correlation between where they’re spending money and where they’re getting value,” said Nikesh Parekh, chief executive officer for ActiveRain. “More agents are investing in the technology and pipeline management systems necessary to build successful, long-term businesses.”
Other highlights from the survey include:
- IDX web sites, CMA software, contact management, and email marketing
continue to be the most important tools in the real estate industry
with the highest overall usage
- Real estate agents earning more than $100,000 per year are willing to
pay a premium for top IDX web sites, contact management solutions,
virtual tour software, and team management
- Most other categories of software / technology show a reasonable fixed
price per month regardless of the annual income of the agent
- More kinds of marketing and advertising solutions are used by agents
with no single solution having dominant share
- Online agents are spending the most on lead generation, national real
estate web sites (Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com) and pay-per-click
- Social media, blogging, and SEO have the broadest agent participation
but low monthly spend, due to the predominance of free tools
- Direct mail has the largest agent participation of any offline
marketing & advertising solution, regardless of agent income
- Top producing agents earning more than $100,000 per year spend more in
general across all categories but spend more money on online lead
generation, national real estate web sites, and search engine
marketing. Top producing agents spend significantly more per month on
marketing personnel and training/coaching
View the complete infographic here:
Data provided by ActiveRain.com. Join 220,000+ Real Estate Agents on the world’s largest Real Estate Social Network.